Bulgarian Police Detains 71 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
Bulgarian police detained 71 illegal immigrants in the capital of Sofia during an operation carried out on Thursday.
The majority of the detained immigrants are from Afghanistan, while another part are Syrian citizens, the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) informs
Thirteen men and women from Afghanistan were arrested at a flat, while other were detained in taxis.
They are being interrogated at different police departments in the capital and after their interrogations are completed they will be most likely taken to some of the accommodation centres of the State Agency for Refugees (DAB).
During a similar operation carried out last weekend, authorities detained 137 illegally residing people in Sofia.
Meanwhile, the Regional Directorate Border Police in the town of Dragoman arrested several groups of foreigners near the Bulgarian-Serbian border on Thursday.
The total number of detained people was 135, the majority of them coming from Afghanistan.
Part of them were in the procedure of being granted a refugee status by DAB.
Six Bulgarian citizens were also arrested on suspicions that they transported the refugees to the border by cars.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend