Death Toll from Mecca Stampede Reaches 717
A stampede during the annual Hajj pilgrimage to the Islamic holy city of Mecca has killed at least 717 people, SkyNews reported on Thursday afternoon, citing reports of Saudi authorities.
The number of injured people has exceeded 800.
The crush occurred earlier in the day in the neighbourhood of Mina, on the outskirts of Mecca, where about two million people are taking part in the annual pilgrimage.
Some 4,000 civil defence workers and 220 ambulances are involved in the rescue operation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan