Migrants Die off Turkey after Boat Collides with Ferry
At least 13 migrants have drowned off the coast of Turkey, sailing en route to Greece, Turkish authorities say.
Of the 46 people on board, 20 have been rescued and 13 are still missing. Four of the victims are reportedly children.
A dinghy they were using smashed into a Ferry near the port city of ?anakkale.
The migrants were heading to the Greek island of Lesbos, according to the BBC.
Incidents with migrant dinghies have become everyday reality in the area, with hundreds trying to reach the Greek islands from the Turkish coast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO is increasing its presence in Kosovo
- » Turkey strikes PKK targets in Iraq in response to the Terrorist Attack
- » Turkey: Suicide Bombing in Ankara
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » The Minimum Wage in Romania Jumps to 663 Euros compared to Bulgaria's 398 Euros