137 Arrested Overnight in Sofia in Operation against Illegal Immigrants
A total of 137 people were arrested overnight in Sofia in a police operation against illegal immigrants.
The arrests were made after a series of checks at hostels and small hotels in downtown Sofia, according to a media statement of the Interior Ministry.
The people were unable to specify their legal status during the initial examinations but a part of them are believed to be illegally staying persons.
They will be accommodated at registration centers of the Migration Directorate of the Interior Ministry, where their identity will be established, as well as the way they entered the country, and whether they should be granted refugee status.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year