Enhancing Inter-Connectedness to Reduce Energy Prices in Balkan Countries
The prices of energy resources in all Balkan countries may drop if the national grids are connected, according to Damian Gjiknuri, President in Office of the Energy Community.
Gjiknuri said in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio that ensuring greater connectedness between the national grids so as to improve gas and electricity deliveries required more investment in energy infrastructure.
“When there are opportunities for deliveries and connectedness between the grids, there will always be an availability of resources on the market. This availability of resources on the market will ensure the reduction of prices. For instance, my country has many hydroelectric power plants, Bulgaria has a nuclear power plant, and Serbia has lignite coal. Good infrastructure may allow the countries to coordinate their production with the needs,” he stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria Will Start Importing Azeri Gas by January 1
- » Analysis: Energy Policy in Bulgaria – Too Much Of Everything
- » PM Boyko Borissov: EC Must Find a Plan for Countries with Coal Dominated Energy Industries
- » Bulgaria's PM: We Will Construct Unit 7 of Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant with American Reactor
- » Low Carbon Voltage
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok