Bulgaria Can Cope with Refugee Quota of 1200 – PM Borisov
Bulgaria can cope with a quota of up to 1200 refugees, according to Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
Borisov, who took part in the High-Level Ministerial Road Transport Summit in Varna, stated that this would be an opportunity for Bulgaria to show solidarity and understanding for the problem.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister expressed his gratitude to the Governor of Edirne and the authorities in Turkey for making a committed effort to curb the refugee influx.
Borisov, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA), assured that the Bulgarian institutions were constantly keeping track of the ongoing processes.
He suggested that a firm decision on how to exercise political influence on the processes would be taken at the upcoming extraordinary meeting of the European Council.
Borisov expressed hopes that a solution to the big problem with Syria would be found and that the leaders of EU countries would agree on it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators