Jan-July FDI in Bulgaria Rises 4.8% Y/Y
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Bulgaria for the first seven months of 2015 has increased by 4.8% on the year, reaching a preliminary EUR 907.3M, equivalent to 2.1% of projected GDP, the country’s central bank BNB announced on Thursday.
In July 2015, FDI in Bulgaria grew by EUR 108.2M, compared with an increase of EUR 69.8M during the same month of last year, the BNB said in a statement.
Equity investment in Bulgaria in January-July totalled EUR 219.1M, marking an increase of EUR 14.6M over the same period last year. Real estate investments of non-residents totalled EUR 25.8M, down from EUR 78.2M attracted in January – July 2014.
The largest net inflow of foreign direct investment in Bulgaria in the first seven months of 2015 was from the Netherlands (EUR 620.2M)
- » BNB Optimistic about the Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Experts Warn of a New Economic Crisis
- » USD337.26m Boost in Bulgarian Foreign Direct Investment
- » Bundesbank: German Economy Enters Recession
- » The Receivables of the Leasing Companies Are over BGN 4 Billion
- » The Fiscal Reserve of Bulgaria as of June 30 is BGN 11.7 Billion