Jan-July FDI in Bulgaria Rises 4.8% Y/Y
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in Bulgaria for the first seven months of 2015 has increased by 4.8% on the year, reaching a preliminary EUR 907.3M, equivalent to 2.1% of projected GDP, the country’s central bank BNB announced on Thursday.
In July 2015, FDI in Bulgaria grew by EUR 108.2M, compared with an increase of EUR 69.8M during the same month of last year, the BNB said in a statement.
Equity investment in Bulgaria in January-July totalled EUR 219.1M, marking an increase of EUR 14.6M over the same period last year. Real estate investments of non-residents totalled EUR 25.8M, down from EUR 78.2M attracted in January – July 2014.
The largest net inflow of foreign direct investment in Bulgaria in the first seven months of 2015 was from the Netherlands (EUR 620.2M)
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BNB: Assets of Investment Funds in Bulgaria Show Growth in End September
- » NSSI: Average Social Security Income in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 1,081
- » Covid Crisis Prospects: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria Up by 21% in 2021
- » Bulgarian Business Received over BGN 400 Million as Pandemic Support from Economy Ministry
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides Additional BGN 80 Million for First-Line Medics
- » Jeff Bezos Announces USD 791 Million in Grants to 16 Groups Fighting Climate Change