24h Library Opens in Downtown Sofia
A literary club offering a reading room opened in the center of Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Wednesday, after having been on demand for years.
Peroto ("The Feather"), a library and a bookshop at the same time, is to offer readers the newest titles, Miroslav Borshosh, the Director of the National Palace of Culture where it is based, told guests at the opening ceremony.
Those who would like could take a book and they buy it, leave it or give it to someone as a gift.
A group had been active on Facebook and elsewhere to demand the opening of a non-stop library since 2011.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 175 Years Since the Birth of Bulgarian Revolutionary and Poet Hristo Botev
- » The 5 Top Christmas Traditions in Bulgaria
- » A Monument to the Lawyers-Saviors of the Bulgarian Jews will be erected in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » Interesting Ways That Bulgaria Is Contributing to the Global Entertainment Industry