'World Coalition' Is Needed to Fight Islamic State - UN Envoy
Europe should distinguish between people fleeing war and economic migrants Nickolay Mladenov, the United Nations' special envoy to the Middle East, has said.
Effort should be taken to make sure refugees are concentrated as near as possible to their country of origin so that they are able to return later, Mladenov, also a former Bulgarian Foreign Minister, told public broadcaster BNT on Wednesday.
There should be "clear rules" as to how economic migrants will be treated, he opined as Europe is facing its biggest migrant influx in decades.
In his words, quotas which are now under discussion among European leader, could only be a "temporary solution".
Mladenov, who has since his first UN appointment (to Iraq) has been dealing with the aftermath of Islamic State (IS) activities, warned that there is no possibility to defeat IS without military intervention and called for a "world coalition" to be set up.
"I could go into detail about what I have seen from IS in Iraq and to appeal there is no other solution than a military one."
"Political decisions, however, have to be taken with regard to Syria as well, so that the population can feel more as part of this government."
Mladenov did not elaborate.
- » The Role of the Balkans in Extremism And Why Bulgaria Should be Careful
- » Can Cannabis be Grown Legally in Bulgaria?
- » 2 Reasons Why Bulgaria may not Join the Eurozone Waiting Room in July
- » 3 Scenarios for the Bulgarian Economy by 2020: Good, Bad and very Bad
- » Bulgarians Feel the Least that they are Part of the EU Compared to All Other Members
- » Eastern Europe and Bulgaria can Bring their Workers Back and Two Cities Showed How
This sleazy no one (Made In Georg Soros) does not represent me or the Bulgarian nation.
There are unforgivable crimes..there are limits of everything..there are deadly maladies that should not be let loose.
There are things that can not be forgiven.
USA should stop arming IS.. because otherwise USA can't have legitimacy to be leader of anything..