American-English Academy Kicks Off School Year with Fireworks
With fireworks and celebrations, the American English Academy (AEA) has marked the beginning of the new 2015/2016 school year for the 24th time to admit pupils aged between 3 and 18.
The ceremony took place on September 15 in school's yard in the village of Lozen, Sofia. Principal Jesse Haines and her Deputy Tsveta Kamenopolska, alongside teachers, held opening speeches. Traditionally, the ceremony at the American English Academy was launched with the national anthems of Bulgaria and the US.
In this school year, the international school will teach children from 30 different nationalities, among them the US, the UK, Belgium, Italy, Israel, the Czech Republic, New Zealand, Poland, Geeece, France, China, etc. Pupils from Bulgaria will be taught using a bilingual system which will give them parallel Bulgarian and American education with excellent learning of both Bulgarian and English.
On September 15, thirty white pigeons flew in the sky over the school as a symbol of tolerance and understanding among pupils from the 30 different nationalities.
The ceremony ended with an impressive fireworks show which surprised pupils.
- » Student Dormitories in Bulgaria will be Repaired with BGN 24 Million in 2019
- » Today is the Student's Holiday, Celebrated in Bulgaria since 1903
- » Innovation Promotion Programme Will be Open to All Schools, Says Education Minister
- » Deputy PM Suggests Changes in the Constitution to Make Primary Education Mandatory in Bulgaria
- » Safer Internet Centre: Education Fails to Keep up with Technology Development
- » Education Minister: For Next Year, we have Earmarked BGN 1.5 Million for Scholarships for Students