Bulgaria Will Score Substantial Gain from EU Energy Union - Sefcovic
Bulgaria is among those poised to score the biggest gain from the European Energy Union in terms of energy security, improved connectedness with neighbor countries, and energy diversification, according to Maros Sefcovic, Vice President of the European Commission, in charge of Energy Union.
Sefcovic, who is on an official visit to Bulgaria, told the Bulgarian National Television that EU Member States and countries seeking to join the EU Energy Union had agreed that they needed improved connectedness, self-reliance, and diversification of energy sources.
He pointed out that it would be very advantageous for Bulgaria if it could secure gas deliveries from three different sources.
Sefcovic noted that the Commission was working on a strategy to that effect, analyzing the best ways to achieve the goal.
He emphasized the importance of projects such as the Southern Gas Corridor which were aimed at delivering Caspian gas to Europe.
During his visit to Bulgaria, Sefcovic will discuss opportunities for using the Juncker Plan to increase the funding available for the development of energy infrastructure, including projects such as the Bulgaria-Romania gas grid interconnector, scheduled for completion by 2016.
Regarding the issue of gas supplies from Russia to Ukraine, he declared that a trilateral agreement was expected to be signed, specifying the price, the deadlines, and other details of the deliveries, adding that he expected no unpleasant surprises related to the matter.
He made clear that the Commission was engaged in intensive contact with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) and that a number of issues related to securing the funding for gas supplies to Ukraine had been settled.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Gas in Europe is Rising in Price with the Onset of Cold Weather
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now