Thousands Migrants Start Walking Toward Vienna from Hungarian Border
Thousands of asylum-seekers broke through police lines at Austria's main border crossing with Hungary and set off on foot for Vienna on Friday, newswires reported.
Austria has sharply reduced train traffic from the border crossing at Nickelsforf due to overcrowding and called buses and taxis to take migrants to Vienna, from where they want to proceed further west to Germany and the Nordic countries. In Munich, the first arrival point in Germany for most of those travelling on from Austria, authorities announced that more than 40,000 people have arrived over the past six days.
The vehicles apparently were not enough to compensate for the suspension of the special train shuttles between Nickelsdorf and Vienna that had been operating over the past days, which made more and more migrants to beging walking toward Vienna situated some 60 km. to the west. Austrian authorities had to close to traffic the main A4 motorway leading from Nickelsdorf to Vienna late on Thursday to prevent potential road accidents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Boris Johnson with a Secret Plan for a New Alliance as a Balance Against the EU
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions
- » Will Bulgaria’s Prime Minister join the EU Liberals
- » Orban will be able to Rule with Decrees due to the War in Ukraine
- » Borrell: The EU needs to Strengthen its Military Security
- » Germany’s Chancellor Rejects Ukraine's Swift Entry into the EU - Deems it Unfair to the Balkans