Grigor Dimitrov Will Not Compete for Bulgaria in Vital Davis Cup Play-Off
The top ranking male tennis player of Bulgaria – Grigor Dimitrov will not compete for the country's team in the vital play-off against Hungary for the Davis Cup.
Bulgaria will host the matches from the third round of Group II Europe/Africa at the National tennis centre in Sofia between September 18 and 20.
The winner from the play-off will be promoted to Group I Europe/Africa and the encounter has been identified as the most important match for the Bulgarian men's national team in the past decade.
Dimitrov will not be competing in a tournament during the three days of the play-off, but will take part in five competitions between September 28 and November 1, daily Dnevnik informs.
Thus, Bulgaria will be represented by Dimitar Kuzmanov, Dimitar Kutrovsky, Aleksandar Lazov and Tihomir Grozdanov.
Dimitrov missed the first round against Latvia, but competed in the matches from the second round against Luxembourg.
In case Bulgaria wins the play-off, it will play in Group I for the second time in its history.
Ten years ago Bulgaria lost a play-off for promotion to Group I against Ukraine.
The captain of the team Todor Enev assured that the players are fully motivated and well-prepared for the decisive encounter.
Enev said that the team will rely on the support of the audience and called on the fans to come in large numbers to the tennis courts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance