Bulgaria Prevents Trafficking of 54 Migrants in Minivan
Bulgarian authorities have detained yet another people trafficker near the country's border with Turkey who had tried to smuggle 54 migrants.
The migrants, including six women and 16 children aged from 2 to 12, were found packed in the back of an Iveco minivan when border police stopped the vehicle for inspection in the Black Sea town of Ahtopol on Monday night.
The people, who were in serious health condition, were coming from Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan, according to 24 Chasa news daily.
The driver, a Bulgarian national, has been detained in police custody and is facing criminal charges.
Another Bulgarian national remains in police custody after being arrested on the road linking Ahtopol and the nearby town of Tsarevo last week while driving a minivan with 20 migrans from Syria crammed in the back of the vehicle. He is also facing criminal charges.
Bulgarian police thwarted two separate attempts to smuggle about 90 migrants near Tsarevo. The drivers of those vehicles were arrested and were issued suspended sentences.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Arrested for Transporting Migrants on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: Police detained a Drugged Syrian transporting Migrants near Shumen
- » 92-Year-Old Bulgarian caught Driving without a License…AGAIN
- » Three Bulgarians, including a Pregnant Woman and a Military Man, caught Transporting Migrants in Plovdiv