Bulgarian Authorities Detain Two Border Policemen on Suspicions of Bribery
Two Bulgarian border policemen were detained on Monday on suspicions of having accepted bribes offered by a trafficker of migrants across the border with Serbia.
According to the prosecutor's office, during their duty on September 1 the two police officers accepted BGN 700 in bribes offered by a Bulgarian citizen transporting three illegal immigrants.
By accepting the bribe the policemen agreed not to conduct an inspection of the vehicle transporting the refugees, the refugees themselves and their belongings.
The two border policemen allowed the vehicle to pass untroubled and did not report it and its passengers to the border police department in Kalotina.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits