Bulgarian Authorities Detain Two Border Policemen on Suspicions of Bribery
Two Bulgarian border policemen were detained on Monday on suspicions of having accepted bribes offered by a trafficker of migrants across the border with Serbia.
According to the prosecutor's office, during their duty on September 1 the two police officers accepted BGN 700 in bribes offered by a Bulgarian citizen transporting three illegal immigrants.
By accepting the bribe the policemen agreed not to conduct an inspection of the vehicle transporting the refugees, the refugees themselves and their belongings.
The two border policemen allowed the vehicle to pass untroubled and did not report it and its passengers to the border police department in Kalotina.
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
- » Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
- » Third Skripal Suspect Linked to Poisoning in Bulgaria in 2015