Bulgarian Authorities Detain Two Border Policemen on Suspicions of Bribery
Two Bulgarian border policemen were detained on Monday on suspicions of having accepted bribes offered by a trafficker of migrants across the border with Serbia.
According to the prosecutor's office, during their duty on September 1 the two police officers accepted BGN 700 in bribes offered by a Bulgarian citizen transporting three illegal immigrants.
By accepting the bribe the policemen agreed not to conduct an inspection of the vehicle transporting the refugees, the refugees themselves and their belongings.
The two border policemen allowed the vehicle to pass untroubled and did not report it and its passengers to the border police department in Kalotina.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)