Bulgarian Authorities Detain Two Border Policemen on Suspicions of Bribery
Two Bulgarian border policemen were detained on Monday on suspicions of having accepted bribes offered by a trafficker of migrants across the border with Serbia.
According to the prosecutor's office, during their duty on September 1 the two police officers accepted BGN 700 in bribes offered by a Bulgarian citizen transporting three illegal immigrants.
By accepting the bribe the policemen agreed not to conduct an inspection of the vehicle transporting the refugees, the refugees themselves and their belongings.
The two border policemen allowed the vehicle to pass untroubled and did not report it and its passengers to the border police department in Kalotina.
- » Journalist Viktoria Marinova's Murder Suspect Partially Admits Guilt
- » AFP: Germany to Extradite Suspect in Bulgarian Journalist Killing 'Soon'
- » Africa's Youngest Billionaire Kidnapped in Tanzania
- » Seven People were Detained in Attempt to Sell Unique Gold Artifacts Found in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 40 Months in Prison in the Czech Republic after Threats to Pakistan About Terrorist Attacks
- » PM Borisov Meets with Ambassadors on Murder in Ruse