FM: Refugee Crisis Is Argument in Favour of Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov said on Tuesday that the refugee crisis represented an additional argument in favour of Bulgaria's accession to the Schengen Area.
According to Mitov, the accession of Bulgaria would facilitate the exchange of information, including data on the refugee wave between the countries of the Schengen Area.
This would also increase the operational capabilities for dealing with the risks posed by the influx of refugees, Darik radio informs.
Mitov noted that western partners are taking into account that Bulgaria is guarding its borders well and treating the refugees properly.
In his words, the refugee wave can not be used as an excuse for the further postponement of Bulgaria's accession to the Schengen Area.
Later on Tuesday, Mitov together with three of the deputy prime ministers – Rumyana Bachvarova, Meglena Kuneva and Ivaylo Kalfin will present before the council of ministers the Bulgarian stance on the migrant crisis in Europe.
Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta made the acceptance of more refugees conditional on his country's accession to the Schengen Area, calling for solidarity in both obligations and rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria