Sofia Airport Reports 11 % Increase in Number of Passengers in August
The airport of the Bulgarian capital serviced 418 846 passengers in August, which represented an increase of 11 % compared to the same month in 2014.
August is traditionally the busiest month for Sofia Airport, daily Dnevnik informs.
More than 14 300 traveled on the five low-cost direct routes, which were launched by Wizz Air at the end of July – Geneva, Naples, Cologne, Memmingen (Munich West) and Bari.
The number of passengers serviced at terminal 1 reached 152 000 passengers, recording an increase of 25 %.
The increase reported at terminal 2 was 2.2 %, with the number of passengers serviced amounting to 263 000.
There were increases both in the number of passengers flying to international destinations (9.6 %) as well as of those traveling on regular domestic flights (4.8 %).
There was also an increase in the number of charter flights by 38 %.
The number of serviced airplanes amounted to 4233, which represented an increase of 9 % compared to August last year.
The majority of the planes – 77 % conducted international flights, while 7 % traveled on domestic routes.
The volume of the cargo processed at the airport amounted to 1434 tonnes, which represented an increase of 16 %.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 Will Cost 132 Billion Euro to Airlines Worldwide
- » 11 Million Tourists Visited Turkey in 10 Months, Russians - 2 Million, Bulgarians in Third Place with 1 Million
- » Negative PCR Tests Mandatory for Passengers Arriving to Spain from 65 Countries, Bulgaria Including
- » Richard Alibegov: One-Month Lockdown Will Mean End to Clubs and Restaurant Business in Bulgaria
- » Tourism Trends: Travels Fall by 23,6 Percent in the Third Trimester of 2020
- » Greece Shuts Some Land Borders, Makaza-Nimfea Checkpoint Lets through Only Trucks