Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Shuts Down for Planned Annual Overhaul
Unit 6 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) was shut down for a planned annual overhaul on Saturday.
During the planned overhaul, the necessary repair works and maintenance of the equipment and the systems of the unit will be carried out.
The reactor will be also recharged with fresh nuclear fuel, the website of the nuclear power plant informs.
The measures are taken in view of increasing the capacity of the reactor to 104 % and the extension of the exploitation period of the unit.
The scheduled activities foresee the replacement of the stator of the reactor.
The planned annual overhaul of unit 6 is foreseen to be completed by the end of October.
The other 1000-megawatt Unit 5 is working at 100 % capacity.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1