Bulgaria's Dimitar Berbatov Receives Warm Welcome by PAOK Fans
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov, who recently signed a contract with Greek football club PAOK, received a warm welcome by the supporters of the club at the Toumba stadium in Thessaloniki during his presentation on Thursday .
Due to the impressive turnout of the fans, the stadium staff had to open all gates in order take in all the supporters, the website of PAOK informs.
PAOK President Iakovos Angelidis also welcomed Berbatov, assuring him that he will get to experience the energy, passion and strength of the supporters.
Angelidis welcomed the Bulgarian to the PAOK family and highlighted that this year marked the 90th anniversary of the club.
Berbatov expressed his gratitude for the warm reception and shared with the fans that his father was born only close to the border with Greecce, so in some ways he felt them like brothers.
The Bulgarian vowed to fight for the fans as one fights for one's brother, took pictures and selfies with his mobile phone and threw signed balls to the crowd.
Following the presentation, Berbatov left for Nea Mesimvria to hold his first training with his new teammates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced