Bulgaria to Face Norway in Decisive EURO 2016 Qualifier
The Bulgarian men's national football team will face Norway in a decisive qualifier for the UEFA EURO 2016 on Thursday evening.
At present, Bulgaria occupies the fourth place in qualification Group H with eight points, being two points behind the team of Norway, which is third.
Bulgaria will be seeking a victory against Norway in order to come a point ahead of its direct opponent for the third place.
The top two teams from each group will qualify directly for the final stage of the tournament, which will be held in France next year, while those finishing third will have to go through play-offs.
In the first encounter between the two teams, which was played in October 2014, Bulgaria suffered a 1:2 defeat in Oslo.
The kick-off of the match, which will be played at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia, is at 21:45 o'clock.
The stadium is ready to host the decisive encounter after undergoing BGN 1 M renovation, which saw the replacement of the grass cover and the installation of a new scoreboard, sportal.bg informs.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria climbed one place in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, which was released on Thursday.
Bulgaria swapped places with Norway, coming ahead of the Scandinavians and at present occupies the 68th position with 503 points.
The next opponent of Bulgaria in the qualifications – Italy retained its 16th position in the ranking, while current group leader Croatia dropped one place to 14th position.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK