Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov
Greek football club PAOK signed a contract with Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov until 30 June 2016.
The website of PAOK notes the impressive career and achievements of Berbatov, who has scored 274 goals in 635 club encounters.
The 34-year-old Bulgarian started his career at CSKA Sofia in 1988 before going abroad, where he has successively played for Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Fulham and Monaco.
Among the trophies won by Berbatov are two Premier League titles, two Football League Cups, two FA Community Shields, one FIFA Club World Cup and one Bulgarian Cup.
He also holds the UEFA Cup top goalscorer award for the 2000-2001 season and the Premier League Golden Boot having scored twenty goals in the 2010-2011 season.
Berbatov is also the all-time goalscorer of the Bulgarian men's national football team having scored 48 goals in 78 appearances.
The team from Thessaloniki welcomes the great player to the club and wishes him the best of luck.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva came close to the World Title in Chess
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Close to the World Chess Title
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings