Bulgaria's Defence Minister Calls for Concept on Counteracting Hybrid Threats
Bulgarian Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev called for urgently devising a concept on counteracting hybrid threats.
Nenchev announced this during the opening of the new academic year at the Georgi Sava Rakovski Military Academy in Sofia on Tuesday.
The minister revealed that he had already raised the issue at the level of NATO defence ministers, Darik radio reports.
The topic will be also discussed at the forthcoming meeting of EU defence ministers in Luxembourg.
According to Nenchev, experts from all institutions should participate in devising the concept due to the particularly specific nature of hybrid warfare.
The minister had previously mentioned in a report that hybrid warfare is related to information and energy dependencies.
In his words, the concept should feature an exact definition of hybrid warfare in the first place as well measures, which should be taken in counteracting it.
Nenchev assured that he will attempt to attract the attention of other countries to the issue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities
- » Bulgaria: The Explosive attached to the Drone found in Tyulenovo has been Neutralized