Bulgaria Ready to Increase Number of Troops Assisting Border Police
The number of troops dispatched to Bulgaria’s borders will increase, according to Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
In a Friday interview for bTV, Nenchev made clear that the military presence at the border was set to increase due to the unprecedented migration pressure.
He was adamant that the troops would remain at the critical spots as long as necessary, assisting the Border Police and the gendarmerie.
As of Friday, gendarmerie officers will assist Border Police officers at the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
As of Thursday, 25 troops have been dispatched to the Bulgaria-Macedonia border to help Border Police.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov emphasized that the troops sent to the Macedonian border were only authorized to conduct surveillance activities and not to arrest people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria