Bulgaria’s Govt Adopts 2015-2016 Action Plan on Poverty
Bulgaria’s government has adopted an action plan aimed at fighting poverty in an attempt to achieve the goal of reducing the number of destitute by 260 000 by 2020.
The document adopted on Wednesday covers the period 2015-2016 and includes measures targeting increases in employment and income from work.
The action plan is part of the National Strategy for Reducing Poverty and Promoting Social Inclusion 2020, which has been drafted to ensure Bulgaria’s compliance with the commitment under the EU strategy Europe 2020.
The measures to be implemented in 2015 and 2016 will focus on ensuring equal access to pre-school and school education, to quality healthcare, and sustainability of social payments, according to the press office of the Bulgarian government.
The action plan also includes measures aimed at improving housing conditions for vulnerable groups and providing support to the homeless.
The initiatives are to be implemented amid partnership between the central and local authorities and NGOs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year