Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov retained his leadership position at the Sinquefield Cup, which is taking place in St. Louis.
In a game from the third round, Topalov playing with black pieces drew with Viswanathan Anand from India at the 31st move.
This was the second draw between them in the past two months after the two opponents had also drawn at the Norway Chess tournament, which the Bulgarian won in June.
Topalov remains undefeated in St. Louis after having recorded two victories and a draw and currently tops the standing with 2.5 points.
In the next round, the Bulgarian will face Alexander Grischuk from Russia, Topalov again starting with the black pieces.
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro
- » Jess Messina Off to Bulgaria
- » Different Football Team Success