Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov retained his leadership position at the Sinquefield Cup, which is taking place in St. Louis.
In a game from the third round, Topalov playing with black pieces drew with Viswanathan Anand from India at the 31st move.
This was the second draw between them in the past two months after the two opponents had also drawn at the Norway Chess tournament, which the Bulgarian won in June.
Topalov remains undefeated in St. Louis after having recorded two victories and a draw and currently tops the standing with 2.5 points.
In the next round, the Bulgarian will face Alexander Grischuk from Russia, Topalov again starting with the black pieces.
- » Bulgarian Volleyball Nationals had Perfect Start at the Nations League Games in Varna
- » Why Bulgaria Could Appeal to Gambling Titans
- » Sofia Fit Fest 2019 Will Be Twice as Big as the Previous Year
- » The Bulgarian National Football Team Will Play Against Kosovo
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Face Stan Wawrinka In the Third Round of the French Open
- » Dimitar Berbatov Claims He Can Become Manchester United’s Technical Director