Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Records Second Consecutive Victory in St. Louis
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov recorded a second consecutive victory at the Sinquefield Cup, which is taking place in St. Louis.
Following his excellent start against the reigning world champion, in the second round Topalov defeated Hikaru Nakamura from the US.
The Bulgarian, who played with the white pieces, gained advantage in the beginning and managed to win at the 73rd move.
In the third round, Topalov is to face Viswanathan Anand from India, the Bulgarian starting with the black pieces.
At present, the Bulgarian is unchallenged at the top of the standing after having recorded two victories in two games.
- » Bulgaria Winger Despodov to Miss Start of Euro Qualifiers
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami