Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Records Second Consecutive Victory in St. Louis
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov recorded a second consecutive victory at the Sinquefield Cup, which is taking place in St. Louis.
Following his excellent start against the reigning world champion, in the second round Topalov defeated Hikaru Nakamura from the US.
The Bulgarian, who played with the white pieces, gained advantage in the beginning and managed to win at the 73rd move.
In the third round, Topalov is to face Viswanathan Anand from India, the Bulgarian starting with the black pieces.
At present, the Bulgarian is unchallenged at the top of the standing after having recorded two victories in two games.
- » Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic's Championship Win
- » Bulgarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of TOP 50 in the World Rankings
- » Ludogorets Heads for its First Champions League Test
- » Football Club Owners Met with Bulgaria’s Prime Minister
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Have to Pay a Fine Because He Refused to Appear at the Press Conference
- » Women's World Cup 2019