Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Records Second Consecutive Victory in St. Louis
The Bulgarian chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov recorded a second consecutive victory at the Sinquefield Cup, which is taking place in St. Louis.
Following his excellent start against the reigning world champion, in the second round Topalov defeated Hikaru Nakamura from the US.
The Bulgarian, who played with the white pieces, gained advantage in the beginning and managed to win at the 73rd move.
In the third round, Topalov is to face Viswanathan Anand from India, the Bulgarian starting with the black pieces.
At present, the Bulgarian is unchallenged at the top of the standing after having recorded two victories in two games.
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost Two More Positions in the Rankings
- » Grigor Dimitrov Negotiates with Becker to Be his New Coach