Greek PM Tsipras May Call Early Election Today
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is set to call early general election in a bid to quell a rebellion within his leftist SYRIZA party and build up support for implementing a tough bailout programme, Reuters reported on Thursday.
Tsipras was holding consultations with senior advisers to decide his next move.
Government officials said the previously cited option of a confidence vote had been shelved and the idea of calling early elections as early as the middle of next month had become more likely.
According to ERT state television the timing of snap vote would be announced later on Thursday, Reuters said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » Croatian President: We stole Kosovo from Serbia, Crimea will never be Ukraine
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia