Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
Some 15-30 l/sqm of rain are expected in Bulgaria over the next 24 hours, meteorologists have warned.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences said early on Thursday that in certain regions rainfall may amount to 35 l/sqm (with yearly levels on average measuring around 500-600 l/sqm for most of Bulgaria).
Some forecasts suggest there might be hailstorms in some areas, while others are threatened by local flooding.
Temperatures are expected to be between 24 and 29 on average - up to 10 grades down from the three weeks of sizzling heat.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Dangerous Rain Showers in 8 Regions
- » European Commission: Bulgaria is not interested in Implementing the Just Transition Plan
- » Cloudy Weather in Bulgaria on the First Day of Spring
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring comes just before Midnight
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will still be Cold but without Rain and Snow
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Cold with Rain and Snow