Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
Some 15-30 l/sqm of rain are expected in Bulgaria over the next 24 hours, meteorologists have warned.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences said early on Thursday that in certain regions rainfall may amount to 35 l/sqm (with yearly levels on average measuring around 500-600 l/sqm for most of Bulgaria).
Some forecasts suggest there might be hailstorms in some areas, while others are threatened by local flooding.
Temperatures are expected to be between 24 and 29 on average - up to 10 grades down from the three weeks of sizzling heat.
- » The Rain Flooded Sofia
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)