Eurozone Approves First Tranche of New Greek Bailout
Greece will receive immediately about EUR 23B, the first tranche of its third bailout programme, after eurozone finance ministers approved the disbursement on Wednesday evening, AFP reported.
The disbursement will allow the government in Athens to repay a loan instalment of EUR 3.4B to the European Central Bank on Thursday.
The approval of the first tranche of the new rescue programme for Greece totalling EUR 86B comes after parliaments in Eurozone member states endorsed the bailout.
German and Dutch parliaments approved the Greek bailout earlier on Wednesday, after Austrian, Estonian, and Spanish MPs gave the green light to the rescue programme on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes
- » EU Reveales Target for Green Deal by 2030
- » Thousands of Anti-Vaccine Demonstrators Protested in Greece