Eurozone Approves First Tranche of New Greek Bailout
Greece will receive immediately about EUR 23B, the first tranche of its third bailout programme, after eurozone finance ministers approved the disbursement on Wednesday evening, AFP reported.
The disbursement will allow the government in Athens to repay a loan instalment of EUR 3.4B to the European Central Bank on Thursday.
The approval of the first tranche of the new rescue programme for Greece totalling EUR 86B comes after parliaments in Eurozone member states endorsed the bailout.
German and Dutch parliaments approved the Greek bailout earlier on Wednesday, after Austrian, Estonian, and Spanish MPs gave the green light to the rescue programme on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » European Parliament Opposes Mass Surveillance
- » European Commission Proposes to Expand the Counteraction to Misinformation
- » Analysis: What if Poland Leaves the EU?