Eurozone Approves First Tranche of New Greek Bailout
Greece will receive immediately about EUR 23B, the first tranche of its third bailout programme, after eurozone finance ministers approved the disbursement on Wednesday evening, AFP reported.
The disbursement will allow the government in Athens to repay a loan instalment of EUR 3.4B to the European Central Bank on Thursday.
The approval of the first tranche of the new rescue programme for Greece totalling EUR 86B comes after parliaments in Eurozone member states endorsed the bailout.
German and Dutch parliaments approved the Greek bailout earlier on Wednesday, after Austrian, Estonian, and Spanish MPs gave the green light to the rescue programme on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Another Night of Clashes and Protests against the Pension Reform in France
- » The French Government Survived a Vote of No Confidence
- » Third Night of Protests in Paris: More than 80 People were Detained
- » 310 People Detained at Protests against the Pension Reform in France
- » ECB Raised the Interest Rates to 3.5% - Highest since 2008