Bulgaria to Host Decisive Davis Cup Play-Off Against Hungary in September
Bulgaria will host the decisive play-off against Hungary from the third round of Group II Europe/Africa of the Davis Cup in September.
The winner from the encounter will be promoted to Group I of the Davis Cup.
The matches will be played at the National tennis centre in Sofia and will take place between September 18 and 20.
In the previous rounds, Bulgaria successively defeated Latvia with 4:1 and Luxembourg with 5:0.
The captain of the national team Todor Enev announced on Wednesday that an invitation had already been sent to Grigor Dimitrov to participate in the matches against Hungary.
The reply of Dimitrov, who joined the Bulgarian team in the second round against Luxembourg, is still being awaited.
Enev identified the forthcoming encounter as possibly the most important event for the Bulgarian men's tennis in the past ten years.
He expressed hope that the play-off will attract great interest among supporters and called on fans to come and support the Bulgarian team.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced