Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
The Bulgarian capital already has its first grass-covered tram tracks, which are located in the sections of the rails passing through the Ruski pametnik (Russian monument) square.
The discussion on grass-lined tram tracks was initiated by “Architects for Sofia” as part of the Sofia 2020 campaign, daily Dnevnik reminds.
The grass was sown after the cobble stone pavement on the square was renovated and the vegetation is expected to considerably reduce the noise.
The traffic for vehicles through the junction is planned to be restored on Wednesday, while trams will continue to pass without stopping in the area as construction works are still ongoing.
Until the reconstruction of the square is fully completed, the tram stops in the immediate vicinity of the intersection will remain
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global Ice Sheet Melting Much Faster Than in 1990
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Strong Wind, Snow is Coming
- » 7.3 Magnitude Quake hits South Shetland Islands
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight