Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
The Bulgarian capital already has its first grass-covered tram tracks, which are located in the sections of the rails passing through the Ruski pametnik (Russian monument) square.
The discussion on grass-lined tram tracks was initiated by “Architects for Sofia” as part of the Sofia 2020 campaign, daily Dnevnik reminds.
The grass was sown after the cobble stone pavement on the square was renovated and the vegetation is expected to considerably reduce the noise.
The traffic for vehicles through the junction is planned to be restored on Wednesday, while trams will continue to pass without stopping in the area as construction works are still ongoing.
Until the reconstruction of the square is fully completed, the tram stops in the immediate vicinity of the intersection will remain
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"