Suicide Bombing Kills 17 in Saudi Arabia Mosque
Seventeen people were killed in a suicide bombing in a mosque in the town of Abha in southwestern Saudi Arabia on Thursday, international newswires reported, citing a local TV channel broadcast.
The Saudi interior ministry has confirmed the attack but put the death toll at “more than 13" people, according to AFP.
The blast took place as worshippers were praying at a mosque used by officers of Special Emergency Force, a domestic security unit, according to Reuters. Most of the people killed in the explosion were members of that unit, according to Saudi TV reports.
It is not clear yet who has carried out the attack and no one has claimed responsibility for it so far.
The Islamic State (IS) jihadist group claimed responsibility for a suicide attack on a Shiite mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia in May.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in France: Restrictions to Remain Until December
- » COVID-19: Poland Closes Bars and Restaurants
- » Germany Introduces Measures For Another Three Districts of Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in India: Coronavirus Has Infected More Than 7.6 Million
- » US Mortality Data Indicates COVID-19 Death Toll Nearly Double
- » Second Truce Attempt in Nagorno-Karabakh Failed as Fighting Continues