Romania, Bulgaria Seek New Builder for Giurgiu-Ruse Gas Pipeline Section
Romania and Bulgaria are looking for new builders of the 26 kilometer Giurgiu-Ruse gas pipeline.
Earlier the state owned gas companies of the two countries, Romania’s Transgaz and Bulgaria’s Bulgartransgaz, terminated the contract with the companies that were supposed to drill under the Danube River, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio and Romanian daily newspaper Gandul.
The contract was terminated due to a substantial delay in the construction works under the Danube River due to “technical problems.”
The public procurement procedure for the pipeline section scheduled to go under the Danube River will be renewed jointly by the two gas companies.
The European Commission has been asked to grant a last extension of the deadline for the period of eligibility of the costs by end-2016.
The total value of the project, which was launched in 2011, is EUR 24 M, of which EUR 8.9 M is to be provided by the EC.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » CPC Sealed Office of the Bulgarian Oil and Gas Association
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Finance Proposes to Establish State Oil Company
- » 2000 km Away from the Green Deal: How the History of One Power Plant Turned into Destiny for Several Generations of Bulgarians
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Operating Steadily under the Hardest Measures against COVID-19
- » The Impact of Covid-29 on Energy Markets
- » NSI: Increase in the Production of Unleaded Motor Gasoline - by 1.4% and Natural Gas