Bulgarian Man Charged with Rape, Murder of British National in Malomir
Bulgarian prosecution authorities have indicted Ivan Nikolov with charges of raping and murdering British national Janette Bennett, BTA news agency reported on Tuesday.
Nikolov is charged with raping the British pensioner in Malomir village, in Yambol Region in southeastern Bulgaria last Thursday, and murdering her with extreme brutality to conceal the rape, BTA quoted Yambol Regional Prosecution Office as saying.
Nikolov has 10 sentences for various offences committed during the period 2002-2012. His criminal record includes theft, drunk driving and driving without licence. His most recent prison term ended in December 2012, BTA said.
According to 24 Chasa news daily, in most of his court trials Nikolov, 40, pleaded guilty in order to win lower prison terms, which were in the range of four to 18 months.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said on Sunday the perpetrator of the murder of the British national had been arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater
- » Bulgarian Businessman Atanas Bobokov Will Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria: Man from Stara Zagora Making Forgeries of Archeological Objects was Detained