Romania’s Petrotel Lukoil Refinery Indicted for Money Laundering
Romanian prosecutors at the Ploiesti Court of Appeals have indicted six senior officials of Petrotel, a refinery of Russia’s Lukoil in Romania, for money-laundering.
The indicted senior officials include Petrotel Director General Andrey Bogdanov, his two deputies Alexey Vointsev and Olga Kuzina, Moldovian national Andrei Rata, member of the Board of Directors of the refinery, Dan Danulescu, Deputy General Manager, and Chief Accountant Dorel Dutu.
On July 9, Romanian prosecutors seized Lukoil assets worth EUR 2 B as part of the money laundering probe at the refinery.
On October 2, 2014, Romanian police, prosecutors, and customs inspectors raided the offices of Lukoil near Ploiesti in an investigation into alleged tax evasion and money laundering estimated at EUR 230 M at that time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis