1.7 Million Bulgarians to Spend 2015 Summer Holidays at Domestic Resorts
Bulgaria remains the favorite summer holiday destination for Bulgarian tourists, be it mountain or sea resorts, according to Rumen Draganov, Chair of the Institute for Analyses and Assessment in Tourism.
Draganov, as cited by the Focus news agency, suggested that 1.7 million Bulgarians would spend the summer holidays at domestic resorts and around 420 000 Bulgarians would opt for overseas destinations.
He noted that some Bulgarians would combine the summer holiday trips with visiting relatives and friends.
Draganov specified that the Bulgarian Black Sea resorts were the most attractive destination for the summer holidays.
He claimed that Bulgarians who preferred to spend the holidays in neighbor countries tended to pick Turkey rather than Greece.
Draganov said that the number of Bulgarians visiting Greece this summer was expected to remain at the traditional rate of around 1.2 million.
He reminded that tourism remained a key revenue generator for the local economy in Bulgaria, followed by all other markets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Israeli Tourists Will Spend Their Winter Holidays in Bulgaria
- » 66% Fewer Flights in 2020
- » Japan to Lift Ban on Overseas Travel to 12 Countries by Next Month
- » Five Balkan Countries in a Joint Initiative Not to Require PCR Tests at Their Borders
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators Insist on PCR Testing Instead of Quarantine
- » Transport Minister: BGN 30 Million Grants for Bulgarian Bus Carriers