1.7 Million Bulgarians to Spend 2015 Summer Holidays at Domestic Resorts
Bulgaria remains the favorite summer holiday destination for Bulgarian tourists, be it mountain or sea resorts, according to Rumen Draganov, Chair of the Institute for Analyses and Assessment in Tourism.
Draganov, as cited by the Focus news agency, suggested that 1.7 million Bulgarians would spend the summer holidays at domestic resorts and around 420 000 Bulgarians would opt for overseas destinations.
He noted that some Bulgarians would combine the summer holiday trips with visiting relatives and friends.
Draganov specified that the Bulgarian Black Sea resorts were the most attractive destination for the summer holidays.
He claimed that Bulgarians who preferred to spend the holidays in neighbor countries tended to pick Turkey rather than Greece.
Draganov said that the number of Bulgarians visiting Greece this summer was expected to remain at the traditional rate of around 1.2 million.
He reminded that tourism remained a key revenue generator for the local economy in Bulgaria, followed by all other markets.
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Foreign Tourist Arrivals Grows 9.7% in the First Half of 2018
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 6.5% y/y
- » Over 3.6 Million Tourists in Bulgaria in just Six Months
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We Make a Commitment to Tighten Requirements for Tour Operators
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Over 203,000 Tourists Visit Local Museums in the First 6 Months of the Year