Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Pledges New Control Unit to Prevent Energy Fraud Schemes
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister has pledged a new special unit comprising prosecutors, officers of the State Agency for National Security (DANS), and experts that would oversee the energy sector.
Speaking Sunday in Sliven, Borisov told journalists that he had scheduled a meeting with representatives of the Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH).
Borisov, as cited by the Focus news agency, claimed that there weak points in the system, such as between renewable energy plants and power distributors, where fraud schemes could be implemented due to the absolute lack of control.
He said that the new unit would keep track of the movement of invoices and watch out for cases of overcharging.
Commenting on the new power tariffs as of August 1, 2015, Borisov underscored that the authorities had done everything possible to keep electricity prices for household consumers unchanged.
He reminded that the Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (KEVR) was an absolutely independent entity consisting of 9 members who had been nominated by and elected by Parliament.
Borisov declared that the government was seeking to cut costs in a number of spheres.
He suggested that state-owned energy companies were spending much more than they could afford.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister insisted that the energy sector was plagued by outrageous decisions taken over the past 15-20 years
He blamed the socialist-led government of Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski for the predicament of the energy sector
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » In 2023: Bulgaria exports nearly 70% less electricity
- » President Radev in Delphi: Bulgaria is the Center of Energy Policy in the Balkans and Southeast Europe
- » Bulgaria concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation with Gas Transmission Operators from 4 Countries
- » Azerbaijan plans to Double Gas Supplies to Europe by 2027