Suspect for Brutal Murderer of 60-Year-old British Woman Arrested by Bulgarian Police
The perpetrator of the brutal murder of a 60-year old woman, a British national, in the village of Malomir, Yambol District, has been arrested, according to Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
Borisov told journalists Sunday that the DNA samples taken at the crime scene fully coincided with the DNA of the suspect.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA), announced that the suspect was a repeat offender.
The 60-year-old victim was raped and brutally murdered on July 30.
She had taken out her two dogs for a walk on Thursday evening but she never returned home.
The Mayor of Malomir, Hristina Dimova, informed on July 31 that the British woman and her husband had settled in the village several months before that.
The village brings together the largest group of British citizens in the municipality, around 30 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District