Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
Wildfires have caused damage worth around BGN 10 M since the beginning of 2015, according to Bulgaria’s Deputy Agriculture Minister Georgi Kostov.
Kostov told the Bulgarian National Radio on Sunday that extinguishing fire on an area of 1 decare cost BGN 500-1000, a helicopter flyover had a price tag of BGN 1000, and reafforestation cost BGN 500-1000, depending on the type of trees.
He informed that some 5000 decares of forest had burned down since the beginning of 2015.
“This means damage worth nearly BGN 10 M so far. We have had 145 forest fires,” Kostov declared.
He urged people to act responsibly and to observe fire safety regulations, adding that there were a number of hot and dry days to go by the end of the summer season.
He also urged people to report fires to the 112 emergency phone number.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between Minus 1°C and 4°C