Bulgaria’s Govt Launches 5th Attempt to Award Concession for Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport
Bulgaria’s government has launched a new procedure for the award of a concession for the airport near the northern town of Gorna Oryahovitsa.
The decision on starting the new concession award procedure was adopted by the government on Wednesday.
The launch of the procedure is part of Bulgaria’s Transport Infrastructure Development Strategy by 2020, according to the press office of the government.
This is the fifth attempt to find a concessionaire for the airport.
On December 19, the government terminated a concession award procedure due to the lack of candidates, according to reports of investor.bg.
In June 2015, Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced that a US company had expressed its interest in the airport, seeking to build an aircraft recycling facility there, thereby creating 500-600 jobs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria begins preparations for the minting of Euro Coins
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria will get away with the Recession, there will be a sharp Drop in Inflation
- » Rakia & Spirits Fest Sofia 2022
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The Bulgarian National Bank has doubled the Main Interest Rate
- » Bulgaria returns to Growth of Brain Business Jobs in 2021