Iraq Considers Turkish Airstrikes on PKK as Violation of Country's Sovereignty
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Tuesday that the Turkish airstrikes on PKK targets in northern Iraq constituted a violation of the country's sovereignty.
The Council of Ministers considered the airstrikes as “dangerous escalation and a violation of Iraq's sovereignty”, al-Abadi said in a message on his official Twitter account.
The prime minister called on Turkey to respect good relations and expressed the commitment of the government not to allow any attack on Turkey from Iraqi territory.
These development come as Turkey has been conducting a series of airstrikes against suspected Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) targets in Iraq and Islamic State (IS) in Syria since last week.
On Tuesday, Turkey carried out its latest aerial campaign against PKK, bombing targets located both on its territory and across the border in northern Iraq.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Food Prices in the US with a Record Jump
- » North Korea has declared Victory over COVID-19 and blamed Seoul for the Outbreak
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea