Bulgaria's Mobiltel Acquires Cable Operator Blizoo
Telekom Austria Group on Wednesday announced its Bulgarian subsidiary Mobiltel has agreed to acquire 100% of Blizoo Bulgaria from Swedish EQT group.
"The acquisition of blizoo is another step to further develop our challenging Bulgarian market. We see a huge growth potential together with Mobiltel in the strongly rising fixed-line segment, which will be ultimately beneficial for our Bulgarian customers," Alejandro Plater, CEO Telekom Austria Group as of 1st of August 2015, is quoted as saying in a press statement of the company.
Harald R?sch, CEO at Blizoo Bulgaria, for his part says that in combination with Mobiltel, his company "will be able to offer the full four-play service spectrum to our customer base and this also offers great opportunities for further growth."
Mobiltel (which in Bulgaria has been known for years under the brand "Mtel") is the country's largest telecom. For some time has also been offering fixed-line services, and after purchasing Blizoo will be able to develop further in the segment.
Details about the purchase price will not be released for the moment. The closing is expected for Q4 2015.
Covering a total of 1.3 million households (in a country of slightly over 7 million people), Blizoo is Bulgaria's second-largest fixed-line operator, with 8% share in the fixed broadband and 11% share in the TV market.
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced 13% of the Country's Electricity since the State of Emergency’s onset
- » Rosatom Launches 3D Printed Valves for Pulmonary Ventilation
- » The Grand Canyon National Park Closed because of the Coronavirus
- » Petrol Stations: The Fuel Consumption Dropped by between 40 and 80% because of the State of Emergency
- » The Total Business Climate Indicator Decreases by 3.7 Percentage Points in Comparison with February
- » Bulgaria’s Government Proposes Budget Update, Increase in Debt Ceiling