Bulgarian Regional Minister: Section of Struma Motorway to be Launched on Friday
Bulgarian Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova said on Tuesday that the section of Struma motorway between the town of Sandanski and the border checkpoint Kulata will be most likely launched on Friday evening.
Pavlova noted that the construction of the section of the motorway was still ongoing and works were being carried out round the clock, she said in an interview for private bTV station.
The minister explained that small finishing touches will be left for completion, but these can be carried out without disrupting the traffic.
Pavlova added that the section of Hemus motorway between the town of Shumen and the village of Belokopitovo will also be launched in the forthcoming days.
The minister stated that the construction works will continue until the end of the season so that people can travel without trouble to and back from the seaside.
However she called on the people not to be tempted by the good roads and to drive with reasonable speed.
As regards one of the deadliest roads in the country – the one between Ruse and Veliko Tarnovo and especially the section between Ruse and Byala, the minister will work towards ensuring the funding required for improving its safety.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s National Bank Withdraws Old Banknotes with Denomination of BGN 20 from Circulation – Check Where You can Change yours!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024