Gaddafi Son Saif al-Islam Sentenced to Death
Saif al-Islam, a son of Libya's slain leader Col Muammar Gaddafi, has been sentenced to death over war crimes a Libyan court believes he committed during the 2011 uprising.
Eight other senior members of Gaddafi's regime have also been sentenced including former intelligence chief Abdullah Senussi.
Saif al-Islam's death sentence will be performed by a firing squad.
After Gaddafi was toppled in 2011, Saif al-Islam fled to Niger, but was extradited from there last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 340 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Negotiating the Supply of Long-Range Missiles
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Day 339 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heaving Fighting for Vuhledar and Bakhmut
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority