Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
The Bulgarian reigning football champion Ludogorets signed a contract with one of the most promising players of Sao Paulo – Jonathan Renato Barbosa – Cafu.
The 24-year-old Brazilian, who plays as a winger, joins the Bulgarian team after having played eleven matches for Sao Paulo this season.
In the previous season, Cafu made 32 appearances and scored six goals for another Brazilian side - Ponte Preta.
Cafu expressed happiness with his transfer to Ludogorets, saying that he was coming to a team of world class.
The Brazilian shared his determination to become champion and pointed to his role model as being his fellow national – Neymar.
His transfer, which reportedly amounted to EUR 1.8 M, came under question after Ludogorets ended its participation in the European tournaments early on in the new season.
The Bulgarian team was ousted from the second qualifying round of the Champions League after suffering two defeats to the Moldovan champion Milsami Orhei.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm