Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix
Bulgarian badminton players – sisters Gabriela and Stefani Stoevi won the Russian Open Grand Prix, which took place in Vladivostok.
In the final, which was played on Sunday, the Bulgarians defeated Johanna Goliszewski and Carla Nelte from Germany.
Stoevi, who were seeded first in the tournament, won the final with 21:15, 21:17 in a match, which lasted 39 minutes.
Thus, the Bulgarians won the tournament without conceding a single game, repeating their performance from the First European Games in Baku.
In June, the sisters claimed the gold medals in Azerbaijan without losing a single game to any of their opponents.
This is their fourth title this season after they won the International Challenge in Orleans and the Spanish International in Madrid.
Following their triumph in Vladivostok, Stoevi departed for Indonesia, where they have started preparing for the world championship, which is to take place in Jakarta between August 10 and 16.
The Bulgarians will be seeded 16th in the tournament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace
- » A Russian and a Ukrainian will Fight for Bulgaria
- » What Makes Online Sportsbooks Appealing
- » Stoichkov: Thank you, King, Rest in Peace!