Coin to Replace BGN 2 Banknote By End of Year – Bulgarian National Bank
An official of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) announced on Thursday that a BGN 2 coin will replace the banknote of the same denomination until the end of the year.
This was stated by BNB's Deputy Governor in charge of the Issue Department Kalin Hristov, who is nominated for serving another term under the newly elected governor Dimitar Radev.
BNB has made a lot of efforts to reduce the expenses in the production of banknotes through the so-called tender procedure, which is in use by the European Central Bank (ECB).
Hristov also revealed that all currency standards, which are required by ECB, have been implemented, Darik radio informs.
The deputy governor added that a process is underway to certify the mint of BNB for printing euro banknotes with the aim of preparing the country for its participation in the eurozone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Finance Offering Tax Relief for Home Renovation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: New SME Grant of BGN 80 Million in September
- » Council of Ministers: BGN 20 Million Help Per Month for Working Families with Children in Bulgaria
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy Will Support the Economy with BGN 1.8 Billion