Energy Watchdog to Announce New Electricity Prices on July 31
The new prices of electricity will be announced on July 31at a sitting of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (KEVR).
This was announced by the chairperson of KEVR Ivan Ivanov on Wednesday, daily Dnevnik reports.
Ivanov explained that in order for the new prices to be calculated, the parliament will need to adopt the amendments to the Energy Act.
In case the law is signed on Thursday, it will be promulgated in the state gazette on Friday, allowing the regulator to deliver its decision on the prices at the end of the month.
Ivanov added that the new prices of electricity will be lower than the ones foreseen in the bill, which had to enter into force on July 1.
He assured that the opposite trend - increase of the prices of electricity for households and businesses, was not to occur.
As regards the so-called “duty to society” tax, the chairperson of KEVR commented that nearly two years, the business has paid a price, which was nearly two and half times lower than the one paid by users.
Thus, the increase of the tax for firms represented a restoration of justice.
The tax includes the expenses on green energy, expenses on the energy coming from the co-generation of thermal power plants as well as expenses on the purchase of energy from the long-term contracts with the two US thermal power plants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Natural Gas Prices Rise by 8% in Europe over Fears of Impending Ukraine-Russia Armed Conflict
- » American Tankers came and the Price of Gas in Europe fell Sharply
- » Bulgarian PM: There Won’t be any New Electricity Prices for Household Consumers
- » Bulgarian Expert: The Price of Gasoline can Reach BGN 3
- » Bulgaria: Will we reach the psychological barrier of BGN 3 per liter of gasoline and diesel
- » National Security and Police are doing an Inspection in Bulgargaz