Bulgaria PM Borisov Discussing Investment, Trade on Bavaria Visit
Bulgaria’s government is seeking support from Bavarian companies for the proposed construction of a natural gas distribution hub on the country’s territory, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has said.
Another potential area of investment in Bulgaria’s energy sector by Bavarian businesses could be the expansion and maintenance of the gas storage facility in Chiren, Borisov said during a one-day visit to the southeastern German federal state on Tuesday, according to BGNES.
Bulgaria is interested in stepping up cooperation with Bavaria-based companies in machine building, electronics, electrical engineering and automotive industry, Borisov said.
Stepping up trade links between Bulgaria and Bavaria was on the agenda of Borisov’s meeting with the Bavarian state premier Horst Seehofer in Munich.
Trade turnover between Bulgaria and Bavaria rose by about 10% last year, reaching EUR 792 M, and increased by 8% in the first half of 2015, Borisov said.
The area around Munich is home to global heavyweights such as manufacturing company Siemens, car maker BMW, truck manufacturer MAN, as well as hundreds of smaller biotech, ICT and environmental technology companies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Bulgaria will receive EUR 16 Million in Compensation due to large Imports of Grain from Ukraine
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU
- » TME catalogue now includes Murata and Murata Power Solutions Products